Sunday, January 18, 2009

Restored furniture -Is that Second hand furniture??

This seems to be one question that 6 out of 10 people ask me when they see my pieces. Initially this question would irritate me but now I have softened down. In a way it is. But it also depends on who is asking the question. If it is someone who asks this with the hope to furnish their home with some used furniture at throw away prices, then restored furniture is not the answer.

I believe that old wood has a history to tell and adds a certain mystery to a space. The kind of workmanship that was there then, is a rarity to find these days. You can take a look at www.somethingoldsomethingnew.in to see some of the pieces we have.

1 comment:

The Learner.... said...

Hey,

Did not know, u blog as well..

I loved your line " believe that old wood has a history to tell and adds a certain mystery to a space".

Absolutely, I agree. The quality of work, wood, art - a few decades/years back still stands marvelously beautiful and fresh till date.

After all, its all in the eyes of the beholder . .

Gud Day