Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My love for all things rustic....


A techie to a 'freelance furniture consultant' isn't what I really planned for myself..It just flowed from one to the other, surprisingly with reasonable ease..

A treasured dream of dear dad who wanted to get the rustic of his homeland, Kerala into Bangalore..This dream combined with a few years spent with a dear friend, who is as creative as they come when it comes to interiors, according to me atleast....Made me realise that furniture and handicrafts is something I will really enjoy doing..

And so I packed and headed southbound..Towards Kerala and Tamil Nadu...The gorgeous Chettinad homes were something I could easily fall in love with...Surer than ever, my sister motivating me by my side, we packed up a couple of truckloads and headed back...

A stone house tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city caught my attention...This was it..This was where 'Something Old Something New' was going to be !!

2 comments:

bharti said...

Love for all things sunny, vibrant & RUSTIC say loads about you. Keeping the faith alive, staying positive and inspiring and at the same time staying rooted! -Way to go Deepa! All the best! Love the Blog :)

Unknown said...

Loved the way, you have translated your feelings into words.also encourages a lot of people who have wanted to do things that they wish to do but never got around to doing so.truly you deserve the best.Thumbs Up!